Author Topic: 2017 Silent Auction @ our National Meet  (Read 965 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
2017 Silent Auction @ our National Meet
« on: January 26, 2017, 02:46:26 PM »
  Alright I have some awesome news to share. I have been giving permission from our board of directors, and the hosting club of our National Meet to head up another silent auction. Last year thanks to the generosity of some of our members. There was a great opportunity to acquire some fantastic breeding stock. I know of 3 different poultry enthusiast that didn't have Ameraucana, and left with a great start last year.
  With hatching season coming on strong. I figure now would be a great time to announce this wonderful news. That way breeders have time to stick a couple extra eggs in the incubator if they feel generous. I am also going to try and put some award or gift together for those that donate. Not exactly sure what but I will announce it later. Just a little something to show my appreciation.
  Just like last year we will be accepting single birds, pairs, and trios. Which will be auctioned of as the donator donated them respectfully. We will also be giving a one year membership to all winning bidders. This will include members (that are not life time members already  ;)) and non members, including any junior enthusiast. The one year membership will commence on January 1 2018. Which will run for the entire year, making them members for next years National Meet. I am hoping the incentive of being eligible for our awards will bring them back.
  No need to pledge any birds now. As I know first hand we can never count our chicks before that hatch. I just wanted to announce this and get the ball rolling. I have high hopes this will just be another bonus making our National Meet THE PREMIER Ameraucana show this year. Be sure to spread the word. Even if people don't plan on showing. It will be a great opportunity to acquire  breeding stock. Especially if it's anything like last years, thanks for reading and happy hatching.
P.S.
This will be a livestock only auction
S.E. Michigan