Author Topic: ADs for the APA  (Read 2433 times)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
ADs for the APA
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:31:08 PM »
Are we doing a club ad for the APA

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: ADs for the APA
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 06:30:25 PM »
Are we doing a club ad for the APA

Maybe they've sent something to Gina, but I doubt it.  I haven't seen any of the ads we bought for 2015 that didn't go in and were supposed to be made good on by being in their 2016 Yearbook that I heard came out earlier this year...but still they haven't forwarded any tear sheets to show that any of our ads were printed.
How about scanning some and attaching them if you have them?

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 10:03:43 PM »
It is in the 2016 handbook page 51 & 213 is Ameraucana alliance 1/4 and Johns 3/4 add for lavender 
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 06:10:27 PM »
It is in the 2016 handbook page 51 & 213 is Ameraucana alliance 1/4 and Johns 3/4 add for lavender 

Thank you Russ.  I already posted the color page on the AA site on FB.  Here's the black and white. 8)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:08:30 AM by Suki Paolini »

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 07:37:09 PM »
I have not received anything as of yet from the APA regarding an interest in placing Ads in the 2017 yearbook.  I'll let you know if/when I do. 

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 07:25:50 PM »
I emailed an APA officer and he replied on 3/23/17...

John
Sorry you have not seen any of the advertisement for the 2017 yearbook. We have mentioned it in the news letter and it has been posted on the website for quite sometime. It has also been mentioned many times on Facebook over the past couple of months. The ad deadline is May 1st so you still have plenty of time if you have members that want to send in a club page. We have not sent out ad renewal notices by mail for the past several years. It is very time consuming and expensive to do so we are using the website and social media to promote the yearbook. It has worked very well so far and the yearbook is growing larger every year. 

Thanks for your E-mail and I hope your club decides to send in a club page.
John Monaco

Even though the Alliance is a dues paying associate member of the APA we don't receive their newsletters.
We'll do the same as in past years and if a member is interested the ads are $20 per 1/8 page ad space. You may take from one to six spaces per page, depending on how big of an ad you want.  The media kit is on their site if you want to see it, but all you have to do is pay Gina (payment to the club via PayPal or a check) and email your ad info to me.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:31:55 PM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 08:16:40 PM »
If anybody else is interested in the APA add, I would also be willing. Just so our club gets the advertisement if nothing else. I could take up to four 1/8 page spots if there is not enough interest from other members.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 09:07:28 PM »
I'll also take one of more to fill a page, depending on what others want.  I wait to see what is let over as I layout the page(s).

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 06:50:30 AM »
I will take one (or two as needed) as well. 

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 09:38:40 PM »
Not sure if we are doing this but I sent my payment in for both the APA and ABA adds.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 11:34:32 AM »
On March 25th Sue emailed...
I'll take either a double or a quad depending upon interest.
Russ has paid for 4 spaces and with Sue's 2 that finishes one page.

This is the last call on this, so if someone wants to start on a 2nd page please let us know by Sunday evening and Gina and I will help finish it.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 06:30:15 PM »
Here is what we came up with...

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 11:36:24 PM »
As I said on the other post, no more money from me for ads.  If the National organization for poultry can't get the spelling right for a breed that's been approved since 1991 and can't get the contact info published correctly so one can be contacted, why bother?  And btw, did I mention this is the 3rd year in a row they can't spell my name right in the Yearbook either?

The only reason I mention this is because I know it's happened with others.  As long as folks keep sending in money to them for shoddly workmanship, I doubt they'll be very motivated to do a better QA/QC and we'll see a better end result.
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)