Author Topic: Posting pictures??  (Read 1835 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Posting pictures??
« on: March 12, 2017, 04:23:22 PM »
Alright, I have set my mind to figuring out how the heck to down load pictures on the forum. The only way I have figured out doing it is through photobucket. Seems there is more advertisement on it now a days, so I would like to learn a better way. I know everytime I try from my I Phone it says file is to big. Every app I have downloaded to try and resize them doesn't seem to work, or I am just to simple to figure it out? I tried doing a search on here because I thought I remember this topic coming up, the only one I seem to find mentions picsize, but I am to simple for that apparently. So can anybody help me overcome my current in ability  >:( ???. Oh I would prefer just down loading them from my phone if possible, since I am not familiar with downloading them from my phone to my computer (which is an antique and super slow)
S.E. Michigan

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Re: Posting pictures??
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 09:40:32 PM »
The only way I have figured out doing it is through photobucket.

Same here, I've never been able to upload a single photo to either this site or the old club.
Beth Curran

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 09:12:42 AM »
When I open my photos, I right click on the photo I want to upload to bring up my options, and then left click on "Properties."   That will give you the file size, and it needs to be below 128 KB's.   If it is more than that, resize the photo by reducing the pixels.   About 550 X 375 or so should do it. You can see the exact file sizes on the photos below just underneath them.   Once you save the reduced size, you should be able to post the photo, but it takes time to upload - it will not be instantaneous.    And only one at a time.   Don't try to upload two or more simultaneously, instead go back and modify once the first photo is showing.  Anyway, that is what works from my desktop. I don't use a portable device.   BTW, I am using these two bantam roosters in my breeding pens this year. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:28:27 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
Re: Re: Posting pictures??
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 01:03:39 PM »
Wouldn't mind having cockerel from that white one if you end up with a spare.
Beth Curran

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 02:06:33 PM »
Wouldn't mind having cockerel from that white one if you end up with a spare.

I hope to have a few extras.   Will you be coming to Fowlfest?  This guy is three years old, but is producing fertile eggs.   I have just a few hatched at this point, but have eggs incubating from him and his two hens. 
Mike Gilbert

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 04:30:12 PM »
Knock-on-wood I plan to be there.
Beth Curran

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 05:26:24 PM »
No new varieties, no new varieties, no new varieties  :-\
S.E. Michigan

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 03:37:45 PM »
Mike, those Brown Red bantams are chick making machines! 100% fertility and 100% hatch rate so far...

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 07:34:37 PM »
Mike, those Brown Red bantams are chick making machines! 100% fertility and 100% hatch rate so far...

Really happy to hear that Max.    I'm trying to get some more out of the same old pair, but she is three or four years old now, and only lays one or two eggs a week. 
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 03:08:52 PM »

Same here, I've never been able to upload a single photo to either this site or the old club.

Use this site http://picresize.com/
and say 50% smaller -- that is the default setting btw. On the next page put in the number 125 for KB at the third area.  I typically pick JPEG Quality -- BEST, but that's a matter of whether there is writing or not.  BETTER though will work.  Save the JPG and post.  I do think that the size should be increase to 200 though. 8)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:20:29 PM by Suki Paolini »