Author Topic: Coulee Region Poultry Club Meet  (Read 2525 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Coulee Region Poultry Club Meet
« on: April 14, 2017, 01:09:46 PM »
 We have a Club Meet of Ameraucana Alliance and hope to see many of our members there.   The show catalog is now up on our CRPC website, http://couleeregionpoultryclub.webs.com/ ,
  but if anyone coming does not have print capabilities let me know here and I will send you a paper catalog.    The entry deadline is May 15th - no exceptions - and the show date is Saturday, June 3rd.    The show is held at the Trempealeau County Fairgrounds, Galesville, Wisconsin.    We usually have a good showing of Ameraucanas in both large fowl and bantams, and this year should be no exception.   If you have not shown with us before, consider joining us this year in the Coulee Country of western Wisconsin - God's country.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 01:11:50 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Coulee Region Poultry Club Meet
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:31:46 PM »
Who all are planning on attending this show? I have been toying with making the 8+ hr drive, just not sure if my work schedule will allow it or not.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 10:08:13 PM »
We would love to have you show with us Russ.    This will be my last year as show secretary, as we have a younger, more tech-savvy guy ready to take over.   Five years/shows were enough. 
Mike Gilbert

Gina Neta

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:07:08 PM »
I will be there!  I wouldn't miss it.  Come on Russ - join us!!  It's a great show.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 05:32:25 AM »
Looks like my wife and daughter are heading to Washington DC this weekend for a class trip. So I just talked to my good luck charm (my uncle Dave lol) and it looks like I have a co pilot. So you can plan on me bringing a few Bantams. Now I need to figure out which ones I can get conditioned by then. Hey Mike I have my NPIP tester coming out this next week can I send in my entry and then send in my test results after? I thought I read in the catalog exhibitors need a pullorum test within 90 days?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:49:17 AM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 06:43:31 PM »
Yes, as long as we have it by show time.   Bring it along if you don't want to mail it.   Glad to hear you are coming!    If you are bringing sale birds, bring along papers for them too, and your own sale cages, as we are no longer sponsoring a swap.   
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 09:34:22 PM »
Just filled out my entry and put it and a check in the envelope. Since I am driving my wife's car I am just bringing four Bantams. Hopefully I can get them in condition in time. I had to pick all Hens since most of my cocks are missing beards at this moment. If the Black Hen doesn't go into a molt she will represent Black Ameraucana Bantams nicely  ;)
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 09:00:13 AM »
Good to hear Russ.    I'm not sure what I will be showing at this point, it will depend on what molts and what does not.   And I have sold most of my breeders already, so not much left to pick from.  Had to make room for the next crop. 
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 09:27:01 PM »
FYI I am super stoked for this show, it will be a hectic event with my sons graduation ceremony on Sunday. But I am looking forward to this adventure and seeing some awesome people I don't get the pleasure of seeing very often. So I will see you there on Saturday if God be willing, going to be a hectic week with work so I won't be on here much. May everyone's travels go smooth, and your birds be in peak condition  ;)
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 11:29:58 PM »
Inquiring minds want to know.  ???

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 08:40:37 AM »
I can't give you complete results this morning, as Jim (the guy taking over as show secretary) has the judging sheets right now.   But I can tell you that Gina Neta had champion Ameraucana large fowl in heavy competition on a White hen or pullet, and Bob Rennolet had reserve LF White.     A young girl had best Ameraucana bantam on a beautiful White cock or cockerel.  I spoke briefly with her and found out she had obtained her stock from Jerry DeSmidt.   I'm hoping Gina or Russ took some photos, as I did not have the time to do it.  More later when I get the judging sheets back from Jim.  But just to give you an idea of the level of competition, we had 15 different Ameraucana exhibitors.   It was so nice to have Russ drive over with his Uncle Dave for the day.   Russ had to be back for his son's graduation on Sunday, so it was some kind of a busy weekend for him.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:59:02 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 10:47:13 PM »
I apologize I did not get any pictures, but it was a very nice display of Ameraucana. The girl that won BB in the bantam class went on to get Res Ch AOCCL I thought? It was a spectacular white cockerel, with a white hen/pullet respectfully placing RB in the bantam class as well which may have also been hers? I talked to her father for some time and suggested they try and attend our National Meet in October as well, after I purchased a pair from them that is lol. It was a very nice show in a beautiful part of the country. I especially enjoyed meeting Bob and getting the opportunity to visit with several Alliance members as well. I can see me attending this show again, with more time to enjoy all it has to offer.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 09:24:55 AM »
Russ, is correct, that white bantam did make it to champion row as reserve AOCCL.    The champ AOCCL was a White Cornish bantam that went on to take grand champion of the entire show, but in my estimation, and without having handled the birds,  the Ameraucana was every bit as good.   He appeared to be in outstanding feather condition. 
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 02:27:11 PM »
Here are some stats and facts about our Coulee Region Poultry Club Ameraucana Meet held on June 3rd in Galesville, Wisconsin.    We had nine bantam exhibitors showing 24 bantams and nine large fowl exhibitors showing 28 large fowl.  Some showed bantams but not large fowl and vice versa.   Champion bantam and Reserve AOCCL was a White cockerel by Peri Maciaz of Wisconsin.   Peri also had RB with a White pullet and the top trio of the entire show with both large and bantams competing.   Other than White, bantam variety winners were Russ Blair in Black and in Blue, Mike Gilbert in Blue Wheaten and in Brown Red, Natalie Sonsalla in Buff and in Wheaten, and Noah Lasley in Lavender.   

In the large fowl Ams, Gina Neta took BB on a White hen and Bob Rennolet RB on a Black hen.   Other large fowl variety winners were:   Paula Monette in blue, Jim Laatsch in Brown Red, Jacob Sonsalla in Silver, and Tom Stallman in Wheaten.   No lavenders were shown in large fowl.   

With a total of 52 Ameraucanas actually shown in a late spring show when most young birds are not ready and many old birds are out of condition, I believe Wisconsin would make a great venue for our 2018 Ameraucana National.   Thanks to all the Alliance members who showed with us!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:29:04 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert