Author Topic: 2018 National  (Read 12475 times)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
2018 National
« on: June 06, 2017, 07:17:52 AM »
I know it seems early, but any thoughts on next year's national?
Beth Curran

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2018 National
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 09:30:15 AM »

Yes, the Wisconsin International would be nice.    That way Bob Walchak would raise some White bantams and participate.   He is still a member.   That show is the fourth weekend of September, so good traveling.   It is located at the Columbia County Fairgrounds in Portage, Wisconsin.    Let me know if you need a bid solicited and I'll take care of it, as I know many of the folks that run that show.   We have had our national there a couple of times before, and they always took good care of us. 
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:48:42 PM »
No matter where we have it I will come, if Gods willing of course  ;)
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 11:15:29 PM »
Frankfort, Kentucky was a good one and centrally located for most east of the Mississippi. 
Moving it around the country sounds fair to many, but experience shows both a decline in exhibitors and entries when it is too far for most that normally show to go.  I generally attend, but have my limits when it comes to driving.

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:29:14 PM »
I'd love to see WI, I've never been there, but at over 1100 miles I couldn't drive it, might be able to fly w/o birds just to see everyone. Frankfort is just over 600. I think we should get bids for them both, and encourage members to get bids for other shows they are interested in, since that's important information in comparing choices. If we start now, maybe we can list potential choices in the fall newsletter and ask for feedback? Then we'll have until the winter newsletter to decide.
Beth Curran

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 09:56:53 AM »

I could not find the Frankfort, Kentucky show at the Poultry Show Central website.   Does anyone know the name of their show?  Date?
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 12:47:29 PM »
Was Kentucky one of the states that shut down this spring due to the confirmed AI? It might of been Tennessee, geez seems like my memory is slowly getting worse. I just thought this might be why there was not a show date available??
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 01:00:02 PM »
Was Kentucky one of the states that shut down this spring due to the confirmed AI? It might of been Tennessee, geez seems like my memory is slowly getting worse. I just thought this might be why there was not a show date available??
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/03/bird_flu_outbreak_is_nations_w.html
Alabama, Tennessee, and western Kentucky:     
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 01:01:30 PM »
KY did shut down, but reopened.  I don't see a Bluegrass Poultry Association show listed either and maybe they folded.  There are a couple names and phone numbers on the link if someone wants to follow up.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 08:03:13 PM »
I see in this months issue of the poultry press there is an eastern Kentucky poultry association hosting its second annual fall show, but nothing about a bluegrass poultry association??
S.E. Michigan

The Malcolms

• Associate
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 10:18:35 AM »
What about the APA national in Oklahoma?  Maybe too far?  Or too big?  I think it is in November 2018... 

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 12:22:47 PM »
I would do Shawnee (https://m.facebook.com/napb2018/?fref=hovercard ). It's a long trip but an easy one, straight shot on I40, and I have friends in the area.
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 09:13:05 PM »
What about the APA national in Oklahoma?  Maybe too far?  Or too big?  I think it is in November 2018...

Please request a bid from them with a copy to Beth if they are interested in hosting us.
Article 10 – National Meet
Any member may solicit bids (offers) from poultry show clubs wishing to host an Ameraucana National Meet and submit them to the President.  Bids must be received by November first to be considered for the club’s National Meet to be held the following fall.  The President shall share the list of bids with the Board members for discussion.  The President will then ask for the Board to vote on the show club bids before November 15th.  The Secretary will place the meet and promote it in the Winter Newsletter.  If the show is cancelled for whatever reason, the President will direct the Board to vote to place the National Meet at another show as soon as possible.  Club sponsored awards offered at the annual Ameraucana National Meet will be determined by the Board of Directors.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »
Just a friendly reminder to all our members that bids to host our 2018 National Meet need to be received by November 1 2017. So if you have a show you would like to host it be sure to get them bids in. I am already stoked for it and need to know when to start hatching lol  ;D.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 01:12:06 PM »
Here is a map showing the states with 5 or more Alliance members in blue and those with 10 or more in red.

Update...
I just received an email from Matt Boensch about next year's Fowl Fest.  In the last Poultry Press Dayton Fancy Feathers club said they are going to move their show to the 1st full weekend in October next year.  That would hurt both these shows, being the same weekend and vying for some of the same exhibitors.  The Birch Run Expo Center has already been booked for the 2nd full weekend in October, our old date.  That left us (Michigan Poultry Fanciers/Fowl Fest) with either the 1st weekend again and competing against Dayton or the 1st full weekend in November.  I believe the closest show on that weekend, to Michigan, is the Ill-Mo Bantam Club Show and I don't think that would be a conflict for most exhibitors in the mid-west.  It also doesn't interfere with deer hunting for most.
The 2018 Fowl Fest will be the 1st full weekend in November!   :D
Birds are generally in better condition by then, even though the weather is certainly colder.   
If there is interest in doing it at the Fowl Fest again next year, please let me know and I'll add it to the list for consideration.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:59:44 PM by John W Blehm »