Author Topic: 2018 National  (Read 12476 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2018 National
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »
Some of the states not highlighted in color are the homes of members, apparently, just less than 5 - correct?   Would it be a lot of trouble to show the numbers for each state?   I think we have to consider not only individual states, but also numbers of members by regions - within a reasonable driving distance. 

I was surprised to see we had that many in Texas!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:32:00 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
Some of the states not highlighted in color are the homes of members, apparently, just less than 5 - correct?   Would it be a lot of trouble to show the numbers for each state?   I think we have to consider not only individual states, but also numbers of members by regions - within a reasonable driving distance. 

I was surprised to see we had that many in Texas!

That is correct...the white states have 4 or fewer Alliance members. 
TX had 11 a year ago at this time.

When it comes to region, you can't top the numbers in the mid-west.  If you look at IN and the 5 states bordering it we have over 50 Alliance members and the Central Indiana show brought in many.  It is a "crossroads" location, as they say. 
Also the number of members in any state/province or region doesn't always equate to numbers that would exhibit or even attend without exhibiting as a few members did this year.  Look at how few members request Club Meets and where the ones are that are requested and actually attended.
TX and PA have a lot of members, but they are also either restrictive when it comes to out-of state birds or they require so much testing that many would stay away.  MI, OH, IN & WI are easier to deal with. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:02:00 PM by John W Blehm »

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2017, 12:35:36 AM »
Somewhere west of the Mississippi  :)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »
Has anybody ever attended the central Illinois poultry show? It seems to be in a centrally located area, this year it was in Bloomington Illinois the same weekend of our national meet. Well I messaged them with Beth's Info if they wanted to put a bid in for next years National Meet. I guess we will see what they offer lol if anything at all
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:49:45 PM by Mike Gilbert »
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »
Well it looks like Illinois has hoops for out of state entries, that's no good for a National Meet in my eyes  :-\
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:50:00 PM by Mike Gilbert »
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 11:48:18 AM »
The board has voted and our 2018 Ameraucana National Meet will be at the Wisconsin International, September 29th & 30th.

September 29-30, 2018
Ameraucana National Meet
Wisconsin International Poultry Club – Wisconsin International, Portage WI
Contact: Steve Tone info@wisconsininternational.com (608)371-WIPS

Show location: Veterans Memorial Field (Columbia County Fairgrounds), Portage, WI 53901

SHOW HEADQUARTERS The show Headquarters is at the Ridge Motor Inn 2900 New Pinery Rd. Portage Wisconsin 53901.For reservations call 1(877)7425306.  Ask for WI International Poultry Club Block. Super 8 located at 3000 New Pinery Rd. Portage WI. 53901. Call (608) 742-8330 for reservations and ask for the WI International Poultry Club Block. Rooms are limited. MAKE SURE TO RESERVE EARLY TO GET THE BEST RATE.
The "TripAdvisor" online ratings average for this hotel is only 3 stars.

Some other options...

Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center  I've made reservations here.  The price is $98/night plus tax, but they sounds like they may give us a better rate.
Super 8 Portage
Comfort Suites Wisconsin Dells Area
Days Inn Portage
Sunset Motel
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:17:40 AM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 07:35:45 PM »
Russ will head up another Ameraucana auction at the Wisconsin International and instead of just birds we'll accept items related to our breed and club.
I still have some plates the were awards with Ameraucanas painted by Areatha Mahan.  I bought a wood, wall mount, plate/dish display rack and put four of the award plates on it to donate along with a few other items.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:13:34 PM by John W Blehm »

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2017, 03:03:34 AM »
The board has voted and our 2018 Ameraucana National Meet will be at the Wisconsin International, September 29th & 30th.

I would love to attend. But that would be a long drive for me.

Is there a member that is going who lives near by that would, who'd be willing to let me ship them a couple of birds and ship them back to me? (of course I would pay) this would allow me to fly instead of driving and still allow me to participate.

-Also if someone is willing to let me crash on the floor of their hotel room, it would help me out a lot. I would of course pay.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 10:06:04 AM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2017, 01:07:36 PM »
You should check with Max Stawn,  hopefully he will have a better year and come. If you need a place to crash I can make room for you.
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 02:57:18 PM »
Don Karasek will judge our bantams and Dennis Thompson will judge our large fowl Ameraucanas.  They will work together to pick Overall Champions.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2018, 10:01:29 AM »

September 29-30, 2018
Ameraucana National Meet
Wisconsin International Poultry Club – Wisconsin International, Portage WI
Contact: Steve Tone info@wisconsininternational.com (608)371-WIPS

Show location: Veterans Memorial Field (Columbia County Fairgrounds), Portage, WI 53901

SHOW HEADQUARTERS The show Headquarters is at the Ridge Motor Inn 2900 New Pinery Rd. Portage Wisconsin 53901.For reservations call 1(877)7425306.  Ask for WI International Poultry Club Block. Super 8 located at 3000 New Pinery Rd. Portage WI. 53901. Call (608) 742-8330 for reservations and ask for the WI International Poultry Club Block. Rooms are limited. MAKE SURE TO RESERVE EARLY TO GET THE BEST RATE.
The "TripAdvisor" online ratings average for this hotel is only 3 stars.

Some other options...

Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center  I've made reservations here.  The price is $98/night plus tax, but they sounds like they may give us a better rate.
Super 8 Portage
Comfort Suites Wisconsin Dells Area
Days Inn Portage
Sunset Motel

Rennolets, Gilberts and Blehms have reservations at the Best Western for $88 per night, for 2 queen size beds per room.  This is $10 off their regular rate, so ask for it if you also make reservations there. Dawn in the manager that OKed it.
There is no "poultry show" rate, since no one ever reserved a group. I will extend the corp rate, which is what I gave you,
to others, at this time.
Dawn
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:03:15 AM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 12:22:55 PM »
We are within 8 weeks of our national meet, so I'm starting to think about what birds might be in good enough condition to take to the show.  I like to put them in individual coops at least a month before the show to give them some time to finish growing feathers...some that may have been picked out by the other birds.  The photo is of bantam cockerels being considered for the trip to Wisconsin.

Please remember our annual Ameraucana National Meet isn't all about exhibiting our birds and winning.  :o   Yes, it is nice to show and an added bonus to win and the competition is the main event the meet is based on but for most of us this is about Ameraucana fanciers getting together.  Think of it as a mini vacation with a theme.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 01:16:04 PM »
That's a good looking group of cockerels John.   I am long on pullets and short on decent cockerels this year.  BTW, I believe Jeff Sonsalla will be in the market for buff bantam pullets or hens, and I don't have any.  I was over there and helped sort his Ameraucanas over the weekend.   I didn't think you had black bantams any more?   I see one in that group.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:18:41 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »
...I didn't think you had black bantams any more?   I see one in that group.

I've been in and out of bantam blacks a few times over the decades and started a new line by outcrossing silvers over lavenders.  I don't have many and I've been very selective. 

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2018, 09:50:42 PM »
I sold 32 more culls today and I'm down to "pretty much" just the birds I want to keep for myself and use as breeders next year, plus several that I plan to sell at Portage.
I put the possible show birds in individual coops.  This show is earlier than I would like for a national meet and I'm hoping the birds will fill out and grow feathers.  I believe most of us will share those same concerns, but we complain about the birds molting or just not being in condition even with shows later in the fall.   ;)
Here are some of the LF cockerels we sorted thru this week.