Author Topic: 2018 National  (Read 1273 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • Red Stag Acres
Re: 2018 National
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2018, 10:21:35 PM »
John, do you know at this point what you might have available at Portage?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11,12

John W Blehm

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • Fowl Stuff
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »
John, do you know at this point what you might have available at Portage?

If anything I may have some extra pairs of LF buffs and a pair of LF brown reds (the cockerel has too much red in his breast, but they may make a nice breeding pair).  I'll bring several other birds to sell that are spoken for.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • Red Stag Acres
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 02:36:22 PM »
Okay.   I'm looking for a bantam Silver cockerel with decent coloring.  I may be able to get one from Bob Walchak out of your stock. 

Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • Red Stag Acres
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 04:22:00 PM »
The show catalog and entry form is now available for our national meet hosted by the Wisconsin International Poultry Club.   They handle club business with a Facebook account.   Here is a link:   https://www.facebook.com/groups/wisconsininternational/

Please note all entries must be postmarked by September 11th.

Our Alliance awards list can be found in the catalog just before the entry form.   Note also there will be a special plaque to commemorate our 40th anniversary as a club.   The plaque is in the shape of the state of Wisconsin, and will be awarded to the best parti-colored bantam.   That one award did not get listed in the catalog.   It should be noted that we started out as a bantam-only club in 1978. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:44:10 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • Fowl Stuff
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »
The awards list from our Summer Newsletter has everything listed.

John W Blehm

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
    • Fowl Stuff
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 08:06:44 PM »
I was just looking at their show catalog and it states...
Open Show Judging begins as Junior Show is concluded

It is hard to believe the main event...the only show sanctioned by the APA/ABA...takes a backseat to special unofficial competition.  When placing our Ameraucana National Meet at their show it was understood to be judged 1st as national meets are normally done.
I had recently heard they put their Jr competition 1st, but didn't want to think things had gotten that bad.  Many of the youth and thier parents, that aren't into showing, assume they are supposed to be in a "Junior Show" and don't understand they can be in the "real" show and be entitled to the same points and awards as everyone else.  Many/most jr shows don't even use licensed judges while charging the same entry fee as for the open show.  Having "specials" for junior competition above and beyound whatever is offfered in an open show is the way to go and "specials" aren't anything new...they are offered for any reason the donor decides.