Author Topic: 2018 National  (Read 12481 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2018 National
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2018, 10:21:35 PM »
John, do you know at this point what you might have available at Portage?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »
John, do you know at this point what you might have available at Portage?

If anything I may have some extra pairs of LF buffs and a pair of LF brown reds (the cockerel has too much red in his breast, but they may make a nice breeding pair).  I'll bring several other birds to sell that are spoken for.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 02:36:22 PM »
Okay.   I'm looking for a bantam Silver cockerel with decent coloring.  I may be able to get one from Bob Walchak out of your stock. 

Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2018, 04:22:00 PM »
The show catalog and entry form is now available for our national meet hosted by the Wisconsin International Poultry Club.   They handle club business with a Facebook account.   Here is a link:   https://www.facebook.com/groups/wisconsininternational/

Please note all entries must be postmarked by September 11th.

Our Alliance awards list can be found in the catalog just before the entry form.   Note also there will be a special plaque to commemorate our 40th anniversary as a club.   The plaque is in the shape of the state of Wisconsin, and will be awarded to the best parti-colored bantam.   That one award did not get listed in the catalog.   It should be noted that we started out as a bantam-only club in 1978. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:44:10 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »
The awards list from our Summer Newsletter has everything listed.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 08:06:44 PM »
I was just looking at their show catalog and it states...
Open Show Judging begins as Junior Show is concluded

It is hard to believe the main event...the only show sanctioned by the APA/ABA...takes a backseat to special unofficial competition.  When placing our Ameraucana National Meet at their show it was understood to be judged 1st as national meets are normally done.
I had recently heard they put their Jr competition 1st, but didn't want to think things had gotten that bad.  Many of the youth and thier parents, that aren't into showing, assume they are supposed to be in a "Junior Show" and don't understand they can be in the "real" show and be entitled to the same points and awards as everyone else.  Many/most jr shows don't even use licensed judges while charging the same entry fee as for the open show.  Having "specials" for junior competition above and beyound whatever is offfered in an open show is the way to go and "specials" aren't anything new...they are offered for any reason the donor decides.   

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2018, 10:07:23 PM »
I am getting ready to start on the beaded Blue Wheaten hen to mount onto a cap for this year's Nationals.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2018, 11:01:36 AM »
Thank you Rebecca!  8)

Wisconsin International Poultry Show
I've included their Show Catalog with the Entry Form on our Download page.  Remember the Entries must be postmarked by September 11th!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 11:15:19 AM by John W Blehm »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »
Each Alliance member that shows up at our Ameraucana National Meet, in Portage, will receive a commemorative 40th Anniversary rosette.

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2018, 12:06:28 PM »
Gorgeous.  That's a nice treat. ;D

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2018, 08:53:24 AM »
Wow that is a sharp looking rosette
S.E. Michigan

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2018, 06:02:33 PM »
Very nice!
Beth Curran

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2018, 09:50:14 AM »
Ameraucana National Meet Schedule
September 28, 29 & 30, 2018
Portage, WI
Friday:
2pm – 9pm, early coop in at Columbia County Fairgrounds/Veterans Memorial Field.
     GPS address = 1 Fair Boulevard, Portage WI 53901
7pm, Supper at Dino’s Restaurant (at The Ridge Motor Inn) – please make reservations with John.
     2900 New Pinery Rd, Portage, WI 53901, (608)742-4111

Saturday:
7am – 9am, coop in, with open show judging starting after the juniors (around 10:30 or so).
9:30am, Ameraucana Egg Judging Contest at our club table.
10:30am, Youth Showmanship Competition…see WIPC schedule for a complete list of their events and times.
 :) Don’t forget lunch, with FOOD concession in the brick building #8!
3pm, Ameraucana Q&A seminar open to anyone with an interest, in the Fair Office Building.
5pm, Our club’s silent auction ends – Russ Blair is heading it up.
7pm, Ameraucana Banquet in the building for all Alliance members & their guests – please let John how many to expect.
     Pizza, Subs, Deserts & Bottled Water for $10/per person, $5 for kids under 12. (donations accepted, if costs aren't covered)
     You may want to bring your own non-alcoholic beverage and food items for any special dietary needs.
7:30pm, Annual Club Meeting, followed by presentation of awards in the brick building #8.

Sunday:
6:30am, Showroom opens
8:30am, Show club’s raffle & auction ends – Showrooms closed & locked.
9:30am, Show Champions Announced – Birds released by 11am at the latest – take down cooping & clean-up.

The following lists will be updated as members notify me...

Signed up for Dino's Restaurant, Friday at 7pm:
John & Kathy Blehm
Russ, Nicole & Marina Blair and Uncle Dave
Max & Tawnya Strawn
Mike & Mary Gilbert
Bob & Sandy Rennolet
Jeff Sonsalla

Signed up for our private Alliance Banquet, Saturday at 7pm:
John & Kathy Blehm
Russ, Nicole & Marina Blair and Uncle Dave
Max & Tawnya Strawn
Mike & Mary Gilbert
Bob & Sandy Rennolet
Bob & Theresa Walchak
Anne Lepak & Scott Lepak
Jeff Sonsalla & Jacob Sonsalla
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 11:03:12 AM by John W Blehm »

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 05:32:02 PM »
Quick question, I was thinking all entries needed testing within 90 days of the show. On the catalog John posted it states

HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
Wisconsin Dept. of Agriculture requires Pullorum-Typhoid testing on all birds to be exhibited. All poultry must originate from flocks designated as U.S. Pullorum –Typhoid clean under the N.P.I.P or from equivalent flocks, or have had a Pullorum – Typhoid test within 90 days prior to showing. Due to enforcement of Ag Dept. rules, entries WILL NOT be accepted without proper forms. Please include with your entry a copy of either: NPIP certification of your flock, Wisconsin Tested Flock Certification, Wisconsin Associate Flock Certification, or a copy of Pullorum Test Report done within 90 days of the show. In addition, all Wisconsin exhibitors must have a Wisconsin Livestock ID # on their entry forms. We recommend that you band all of your birds.

So this means I do not have to have my birds tested if I am NPIP certified correct? My question is though what copy of certification are they wanting? I don't remember getting a certificate, just a book of VS-9 forms? Geez at least I don't remember getting a certificate, or are they just needing a copy of my last flock testing to continue my NPIP status???
S.E. Michigan

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »
Quick question, I was thinking all entries needed testing within 90 days of the show. On the catalog John posted it states

HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
Wisconsin Dept. of Agriculture requires Pullorum-Typhoid testing on all birds to be exhibited. All poultry must originate from flocks designated as U.S. Pullorum –Typhoid clean under the N.P.I.P or from equivalent flocks, or have had a Pullorum – Typhoid test within 90 days prior to showing. Due to enforcement of Ag Dept. rules, entries WILL NOT be accepted without proper forms. Please include with your entry a copy of either: NPIP certification of your flock, Wisconsin Tested Flock Certification, Wisconsin Associate Flock Certification, or a copy of Pullorum Test Report done within 90 days of the show. In addition, all Wisconsin exhibitors must have a Wisconsin Livestock ID # on their entry forms. We recommend that you band all of your birds.

So this means I do not have to have my birds tested if I am NPIP certified correct? My question is though what copy of certification are they wanting? I don't remember getting a certificate, just a book of VS-9 forms? Geez at least I don't remember getting a certificate, or are they just needing a copy of my last flock testing to continue my NPIP status???

Russ,

You have an NPIP Pullorum-Typhoid clean flock, as I and many others do. 

657 E BLAIR, RUSS ,13100 SOUTH ADRIAN HWY JASPER, MI 49248  R222 R261 R676 W573  W648 W665 W671 W711  W745

Flock numbers are generally 5 digits long with the first 2 representing the state (34 = Michigan) and the numbers after the dash represent a flock (657 = Russ Blair's flock), so your NPIP number is #34-657.

We try to place our national meets in states that don't require more than that or the individual testing of birds brought to the show, within 90 days of the show.  Our local Fowl Fest will test birds, for an extra $1 each, as exhibitors coop in if needed to keep everything legal.  Normally all I do is write my NPIP Flock number (#34-208) on the entry form and that is all that is required.  Others, that I know, do the same.  Every now and then a show superintendent will say they need a "Certificate" or Form, but they are reading more into their state's requirements than what is there.  Your flock number covers you, but some of them feel they may need paperwork to cover them.  I just email a scan of my last VS FORM 9-2 when requested or include a copy with the entry form to make them happy.   ;)

All birds brought to a show, swap or other event where there is comingling, not just those "exhibited", must also meet those same health requirements.

Anyone can go the NPIP Participants by State page, click on a state and see a list of everyone in that state that has a certified clean flock and their NPIP Flock number.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 06:59:54 PM by John W Blehm »