Author Topic: 2018 National  (Read 12477 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2018 National
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2018, 10:46:32 AM »
Thanks John I was thinking a copy of the VS-9 would be what I needed. I will cancel my tester then, I had her on call just Incase lol.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2018, 12:34:39 PM »
One more quick question, is everyone staying at the Best Western John mentioned earlier? Being the professional procrastinator I am figure I better book Uncle Dave’s and I room this week. I love Uncle Dave but I prefer not sleeping with him  ;D
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2018, 01:08:16 PM »
The Blehms, Rennolets, and Gilberts are staying there. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 05:39:53 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2018, 01:49:04 PM »
Well it sounds like I definitely better book a room there. If nothing else just to keep an eye on you wild ones lol. Thanks Mike
S.E. Michigan

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2018, 10:02:56 PM »
Got my room booked there. Come on Russ!

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »
Just a reminder:   National Meet entries have a deadline of September 11th.   Don't forget!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:42:24 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2018, 09:16:33 AM »
The Blehms, Rennolets, and Gilberts are staying there. 
Well it's a well rated place so it's a good choice.

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2018, 12:21:37 PM »
Mailed my entry yesterday...

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2018, 08:27:44 PM »
Hotel room booked, filling out entry tonight to drop in the mail tomorrow. Looks like 26 Bantams and 2 Large Fowl, and I am not impressed by any of them honestly  :-[
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2018, 10:25:58 PM »
Hi Russ

I was at the Northeast Congress talking to Bob Rhodes.  I mentioned I would like to see a "good blue" and his son Reese had one entered but Reese honestly believed he was "no good."  Bob and I walked over to area where the Langshans were and the bird was gone.  Bob asked and was told it was put up as Breed Winner.  Reese then came by and was laughing about it, saying "Well we know that will go no where" and showed me some others in that line.  After 1.5 hours later, Reese won the Best in Show, Super Grand Champion with that Langshan.  I thought him beautiful, Reese was stunned, his father was laughing.  So I don't really think any breeder is a good judge of his fowl; Reese was insisting the one home was "far better."

Sue

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2018, 05:27:07 PM »
Hi Russ

I was at the Northeast Congress talking to Bob Rhodes.  I mentioned I would like to see a "good blue" and his son Reese had one entered but Reese honestly believed he was "no good."  Bob and I walked over to area where the Langshans were and the bird was gone.  Bob asked and was told it was put up as Breed Winner.  Reese then came by and was laughing about it, saying "Well we know that will go no where" and showed me some others in that line.  After 1.5 hours later, Reese won the Best in Show, Super Grand Champion with that Langshan.  I thought him beautiful, Reese was stunned, his father was laughing.  So I don't really think any breeder is a good judge of his fowl; Reese was insisting the one home was "far better."

There are two ways to look at that.  I would lean toward the breeder knowing his/her own birds better than any judge on a given day.   That is if the breeder was experienced and knowledgeable.   So it could go either way.   I have won many times on birds I thought were undeserving. 
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2018, 08:59:15 PM »
Oh I forgot to mention I also sent an entry in for my Uncle Dave. While I was in Florida during spring break he borrowed an old styrofoam incubator and set some eggs. He has a decent black and a decent blue bantam both cockerels. This will be his first ever show he has a bird entered so with beginner luck and a little help with me bathing them he may be the one to watch. Now to get his AA membership in just incase lol
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2018, 06:57:43 AM »
Oh I forgot to mention I also sent an entry in for my Uncle Dave. While I was in Florida during spring break he borrowed an old styrofoam incubator and set some eggs. He has a decent black and a decent blue bantam both cockerels. This will be his first ever show he has a bird entered so with beginner luck and a little help with me bathing them he may be the one to watch. Now to get his AA membership in just incase lol

Good for Uncle Dave!   I'm pulling for him to take it all!
Mike Gilbert

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2018, 07:48:35 AM »
Well that's just typical... My birds are falling to pieces. >:( >:( Show season is definitely getting close.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2018, 09:17:13 AM »
Max with the age of all mine, that’s one problem I shouldn’t have lol. Well wait a minute most of my entries are breeders  :o so perhaps I am not out of the woods yet. Oh and thanks Mike, I haven’t seen them in a few weeks but I did send him home with a couple cages this past weekend. He wanted me to just enter them in my name but I told him he might as well enter them since he will be there anyways. I just hope they don’t start molting, they were hatched in April so it’s a coin toss.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:20:58 AM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan