Author Topic: 2017 national meet silent auction  (Read 1833 times)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
2017 national meet silent auction
« on: June 10, 2017, 01:12:16 PM »
Hello everyone, now that we are well into our grow out period I figure I would start a thread for this wonderful event. As most of you are aware I will be accepting donations of single, pairs or trios of breeder quality Ameraucana, in both large fowl and bantam. These will be auctioned off at our 2017 Ameraucana Nationals, as they were donated, the first weekend of October. All the proceeds will respectfully go to our club for next years National Meet. Not only does this give everyone a great chance to obtain breeding stock, but all winning bids will also receive a 1 year membership to our club. This is limited to 1 per person (non members and members who do not have lifetime memberships are included) and will commence on January 1 2018 and run throughout the entire year. These will be paid for by the proceeds and make all winning bidders eligible to all the benefits and awards our club offers. As a token of my appreciation I will personally award a 1 year subscription to the Poultry Press for anyone willing to donate livestock for this event. This will be limited to 1 per household and my way of saying thank you for your generosity. I personally believe this will make it a win win situation for all who participate. I know at last years auction the generousity of Mike Gilbert, Gina Neta, Max Strawn, Stan Alder, Neil & Donna Townsend, Duane Schroder and myself we had an awesome display, but more importantly generated around $600 for our club. Not to mention gave three new members a great start in Ameraucana. So if you notice some extra stock please let me know if you would like to donate to this great cause. Feel free to reply to this thread or just let me know personally at slicktree@hotmail.com or give me a call (419) 410-2613 so I can give you the recognition you deserve for your generousity. I would also welcome any volunteers to help set this up and run this at our Meet as well, thanks for reading this and hope to see everyone in Birch Run

Director of promotions
Russ Blair
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: 2017 national meet silent auction
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 04:10:35 PM »
Russ, I will donate birds.   First I will have to see what I have after growing them out, but they could be LF Brown Reds or Bantam White or Bantam Wheaten.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 08:00:17 PM »
Awesome Mike just let me know your exact donation when you know, thank you  ;)
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 01:49:54 PM »
After looking my grow out pens over it is safe to say I will have a pair of Blue Bantams and a pair of Black Bantams I will donate for the silent auction. They may end up being trios if all goes well, not to say these will be my only donations  ;)
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 10:35:53 PM »
Just want to bump this up, and remind everyone I am still taking offers  ;)
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 11:03:55 PM »
Ok I am starting to get a little nervous now  :-\
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 08:47:20 AM »
Russ, my donation will be a trio of large fowl Brown Reds.    And they will have been vaccinated for Marek's, Newcastle/Bronchitis, Laryngo, and Coryza.  A great opportunity for someone looking to get a start in this variety.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:18:20 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 11:59:37 AM »
Awesome Mike, that's very generous of you. Anyone else willing to donate please try and let me know as soon as possible. That way we can get the word out what will be available, but more importantly so we can let the hosting show know in advance how many pens we will need.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:22:18 PM by Mike Gilbert »
S.E. Michigan

Jensen Pierson

• Associate
    • www.kaljenfarm.com
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 01:49:19 PM »
I will donate a young pair of LF blacks

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 09:15:55 PM »
Awesome thanks Jensen, now we are getting the ball rolling 👍👍👍
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 04:40:50 PM »
Ok right now this is what we have

Trio LF Brown Reds- Mike Gilbert
Pair young LF Black- Jensen Pierson
Pair of Blue Bantam- Russ Blair
Pair of Black Bantam- Russ Blair

I may also have a trio of young LF Blue Silver project birds and possibly a pair of LF Blue from my laced project. Both of these will be young if so  :-[ but a good start to anybody interested in working with them. Last year at our National Meet we had every recognized variety on display, it would be great to not only repeat this but also have them available in our silent auction as well  ;D. I know it's a long shot but I was always told if I am going to dream I might as well dream BIG lol.
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 10:04:33 PM »
Ok folks Neil and Donna Townsend may be bringing a couple birds to donate as well. Unfortunately they were unsure exactly as of last night during our phone conversation. But I am bringing some sale birds and will most likely be donating a few more. So be prepared for some surprise pens to be available as well like possibly a trio of large fowl Silvers and possibly a pair of large fowl Blue Silvers. You will have to be there to know for sure exactly what shows up  ;), it may be just like Christmas lol
S.E. Michigan