Author Topic: Day-Old Chick orders  (Read 10162 times)

Cathy Soldan

Re: Day-Old Chick orders
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 03:39:17 PM »
I expect to have a limited number of started birds available starting in late April or May.   Will ship.   Large fowl brown red, bantam wheaten, blue wheaten, possibly splash wheaten, buff, and white.    All chicks will be vaccinated for Marek's and Newcastle/bronchitis.   Selling only to Ameraucana Alliance members this year, as I will have a very limited supply.   Started birds will go for $15 each plus shipping, or $10 each if picked up at the farm or delivered to our local show on June 6th.
Mike, what is your minimum shipping amount?
I would like to have some LF brown/red chicks.  Do you have more than one line of genetics?
Thanks
Cathy
Retired & loving it with my peeps!

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 03:47:53 PM »
Minimum order is 5 started birds, two cockerels and three pullets.   No guarantees on final coloring when they are this young.  Until recently I didn't know there was another line of LF brown reds in existence, but one of our newer members in California has some too.  http://ameraucanaalliance.org/forum/index.php?topic=68.0
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:50:00 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 03:50:23 PM »
I'm still accepting orders for day-old chicks for this season, but I'm "sold out" of some varieties.  Orders for Hatchery Choice and Surplus chicks will be the easiest to still be able to fill.
The order form for chicks in 2016 should be on my Fowl Stuff site sometime in June.
John I need a lav roo, buff roo and white trio
Is any of this possible?
Cathy

I plan to keep my best buff and lavender cocks, but have two of each that aren't great and would sell very cheap to a club member.  These will be sold as meat birds in a couple weeks when the breeding season is over for me. One of the lavender cocks like to eat eggs. 
The shipping boxes are $10 each and you could reimburse me for all shipping charges once you receive any birds you buy.  I'll email the price for the cocks privately.

Cathy Soldan

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 04:31:33 PM »
Minimum order is 5 started birds, two cockerels and three pullets.   No guarantees on final coloring when they are this young.  Until recently I didn't know there was another line of LF brown reds in existence, but one of our newer members in California has some too.  http://ameraucanaalliance.org/forum/index.php?topic=68.0

When will these be available and how old will they be?  I'd like a set of 5, can you email me the price and shipping costs?
cathysoldan@me.com
Retired & loving it with my peeps!

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 05:22:52 PM »
Cathy, at this point I may have already sold all I dare to this spring.  I'll go through them in a week or two and let you know then.  Will probably have a few available in the early fall otherwise, but they would be young adults, hence higher shipping cost.   Is there any chance you could make our national meet in Michigan come October?   I could deliver them there - at least we are planning to attend at this point.   Or maybe you know someone from down your way that would be willing to bring them back for you.   
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:32:44 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 12:41:26 PM »
I'll have hatches every Tuesday this month and it looks like I'll have extra chicks available, even though my order form says "Sold Out".  Any club member that is interested in a good deal on Surplus chicks or should email me to get on a waiting list.

Harry Shaffer

• Associate
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 04:07:12 PM »
John,  that is very generous of you.  So anyone that wanted chicks from me should contact John because I have not been able to provide chicks this year and if you are a member here don't hesitate..   Harry Shaffer
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:45:06 PM by Mike Gilbert »

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2015, 07:47:47 PM »
These are “Surplus” chicks which could be anything I hatch and are left after filling orders.  I’m only charging $75, to our members, for 25 chicks and that includes Express mail shipping which isn't cheap.  From the waiting list I'll call members if and when I have extras to fill a box.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2015, 08:05:55 PM »
I sent out 6 boxes of 25 chicks each today and only have a couple more orders to fill, plus a couple on the waiting list for Surplus chicks.  A few weeks ago I didn't think I could fill all the orders so I sat an extra setting of eggs.  Now I know I didn't need to and should be able to fill a few more orders of Surplus chicks, for $75 per box of 25 to club members and if you let me know what varieties you prefer I'll try to include them. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:51:40 AM by John W Blehm »