Author Topic: Posting photos/attachments  (Read 1867 times)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Posting photos/attachments
« on: March 26, 2015, 11:42:45 AM »
Royce pointed out a problem with posting attachments and I had the same problem, plus noticed the pages were loading very slowly.  After some homework (internet searches) I was able to fix the it.
I'm limiting the file size to 128kB per attachment, 6 attachments per post and a total limit of 512kB of post.
The 128kB figure is the default for this forum and the other two numbers were boosted.
I know some use photobucket for attachments and that is fine.  I prefer not having to leave the forum to view the attachments and the flashing ad telling me there is something wrong with my computer and I need to click on it bugs me.  ;) 

Lee G

• Associate
Re: Posting photos/attachments
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »
The pop up screen is weird. Not sure why it happens now, because I don't remember it happening before and I've used photobucket for awhile. Is there a more direct way to load pictures on this forum I'm missing?  ???

Egads. Now I'm worried I may have inadvertently broken the forum with my huge photo post.  :-[ lol Please let me know it the pictures cause any kind of problem and I will take them down asap.
~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden

Lee G

• Associate
Re: Posting photos/attachments
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 02:01:37 PM »
Okay, makes sense. Thanks John. I think I'll stick with photobucket, as long as it's not an issue.
~ The duty of the breeder today and tomorrow is to create rather than imitate or simply perpetuate -- Horace Dryden