Author Topic: 2017 National Meet wrap up  (Read 5074 times)

Rebecca G Howie

• Administrator
  • College
Re: 2017 National Meet wrap up
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 04:48:59 PM »
Rebecca, thank you so much for all your hard work and trouble to make that cap and send it to the show.   It was quite appropriate that Russ should end up with it.

:)    I really enjoyed making the hat!!  Great hobby to relax with when it is too HOT to be outside in the afternoon here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:17:43 PM by John W Blehm »

Tailfeathers

• College
  • Breeder & Exhibitor of WBS Ameraucanas since 2008
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 05:13:44 PM »
Congratulations to all the winners with the birds.  From what I can see everyone that made it to the event was a winner!
God Bless,

R. E. Van Blaricome
Seek Ye first the Kingdom of God, and all His Righteousness
- then these things shall be added unto you (Matt. 6:33)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »
Congratulations to all the winners with the birds.  From what I can see everyone that made it to the event was a winner!

You've got that right.  There were several Alliance members from in and out-of-state that didn't exhibit, but from what I saw and heard they all had a good time.
Alliance member, Kate Sparks, lives close to Birch Run and is also a member of our Michigan Poultry Fanciers that puts on the Fowl Fest.  She didn't show any Ameraucanas, but she entered some eggs (black LF) in our egg judging competition and won $50.
Below is a photo of our club table with our silent auction birds.  Beth and Kate are behind the table with Alliance member Tina Berryer and her son, Alex, visiting them.

Mehmet Ozgen

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 08:35:05 PM »

hopefully we will see such events and races in our country ... (Turkey)

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
Thank you Rebbeca the hat is gorgeous, i saw it fitting that the winning Blue Wheaten cash award be donated back to the club for it. It must of took quite some time to get all those beads sewn on  :o. Not to mention to arrange them in a way to make an outstanding picture of an Ameraucana. I will get some close up pictures of it so everyone can see the detail and talent it took to make it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:05:43 PM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 08:24:49 AM »
Congratulations everyone! Wish I could have been there.  :( I'm looking forward to next year. My birds are all in their breeding pens with 16 hours of light. Gonna start hatching in about three weeks.  :)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 08:53:21 AM »

Max, were you able to save some of all your varieties?   The Andalusian blue project, the BLR Wyandottes, the Brown Red bantams?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 09:26:11 AM »
I saved everything but the LF Wheaten/Blue Wheaten. I have two trios of the laced blue project birds. Those are the only blues I am working with now. I have a beautiful quad of bantam Brown Reds. Two trios of bantam Wheaten/Blue Wheaten, and a trio of bantam Blacks. I've got some of the best LF Blacks I have ever raised. It's gonna break my heart to see them go... Hopefully i'll get some nice offspring.

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »
Here are more photos from our Saturday evening meal and meeting.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:52:46 PM by John W Blehm »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 11:32:20 AM »
I saved everything but the LF Wheaten/Blue Wheaten. I have two trios of the laced blue project birds. Those are the only blues I am working with now. I have a beautiful quad of bantam Brown Reds. Two trios of bantam Wheaten/Blue Wheaten, and a trio of bantam Blacks. I've got some of the best LF Blacks I have ever raised. It's gonna break my heart to see them go... Hopefully i'll get some nice offspring.

Max, keep me in mind for some bantam brown reds when you have them available.  Eggs or chicks would work too.   I am down to just two males, and will be forced to outcross on the LF Brown Reds next season.
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 11:38:48 AM »
Here is another photo at our Saturday evening meal and meeting.

For those who were not there, Kathy Blehm put on a huge spread of Mexican food along with all kinds of beverages and desserts.   Thanks Kathy!  It was terrific!  After the meal we had our club meeting, awards ceremony, Neil auctioned off the cap, and then we visited around a campfire outside.   A very memorable evening for sure. 
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 08:05:07 PM »
Here are a few more photos of awards being handed out by Beth and one of Mike taking a photo in our garage.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:07:23 PM by John W Blehm »

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 08:03:36 AM »

Max, keep me in mind for some bantam brown reds when you have them available.  Eggs or chicks would work too.   I am down to just two males, and will be forced to outcross on the LF Brown Reds next season.

You got it Mike. It'll have to be started birds. We'll see how the hatching goes over the next few months. Hopefully they are as productive as they were in the spring...

Love seeing all the pics. Thanks everyone for posting. I was there in spirit anyway.  :)

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2017, 04:31:40 PM »
Thank you Rebbeca the hat is gorgeous, i saw it fitting that the winning Blue Wheaten cash award be donated back to the club for it. It must of took quite some time to get all those beads sewn on  :o. Not to mention to arrange them in a way to make an outstanding picture of an Ameraucana. I will get some close up pictures of it so everyone can see the detail and talent it took to make it.

And here it is...

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 01:40:30 PM »
thanks for the hat shot.  Lovely work Rebecca.

Sue