Author Topic: Lebanon, Indiana Alliance Meet  (Read 1255 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Lebanon, Indiana Alliance Meet
« on: October 21, 2017, 07:32:42 PM »
How did it go?    Hoping for some pics!
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Lebanon, Indiana Alliance Meet
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 09:05:53 PM »
Jensen had Champion AOSB on the same LF black K that she won with at our Ameraucana National Meet...she and the bird still look the same, so check out the pics from the Fowl Fest thread.  :D
I didn't take any photos, but the weather was great for a change and I saw and talked with many friends.  We cooped out at 2:30.

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:35:00 PM »
Ch AOSB BB BV Black K Jensen
RB RV Black P Jensen (12 in class)
BV Blue P Russ
RV Blue P (non member 4 in class)
BV Blue Silver K Russ (1 in class)
BV Silver K Russ (1 in class)
BV Brown Red K Russ
RV Brown Red P Russ (3 in class I entered young trio lol)
BV Wheaten P (non member no RV only 2 entered and K DQ'd for stubs same exhibitor)
 I will give a run down on Bantams tomorrow after I sleep and get my paper lol
S.E. Michigan

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 10:02:04 PM »
Bantams 30 entered

BB BV H Black Russ
RV K Black Russ (9 entered my young trio also got Res Ch Trio)
BV k Blue Russ
RV P Russ (3 entered as young trio)
RB BV K Wheaten Russ
RV P Wheaten Russ (5 entered)
BV K Blue Wheaten Russ
RV C Blue Wheaten Russ (4 entered)
BV P Lavender John
RV K Lavender Russ ( 3 entered I believe)
BV and RV Buff both by John (2 entered)
BV H Splash Russ (only entry)
BV White K Russ (I didn't take pullet, she was entered but I accidently left her behind  :o)

These are not necessarily exact just what I can come up with to ease the curiosity lol. I am sure John will have the show report in the news letter. I can't verify the youth winners but I know they had some end up on champion row. It was a nice overall display of Ameraucana and the outstanding birds advanced accordingly. Unfortunately none in the AOCCL class in the open show could get the job done, the CH and RV CH AOCCL respectfully earned it, I can't even tell you what they were unfortunately. I also got caught up visiting with new member Aaron Ault and several other AA Members. I was also surprised by Duane Schroeder paying us a visit as well, it was nice to see him.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 02:14:04 PM by John W Blehm »
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 01:47:38 PM »
Thanks for the report!   Russ, any idea why the B/W cock didn't place as well as at Fowlfest?   Break a wing feather or something?

Jensen, congrats for another big win!    Will there be a three-peat at the Ohio National?
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 08:35:59 PM »
I can not answer that Mike, he was in the same condition. Tim Bowles was a judge but did not judge the Ameraucana at this show. Apparently this judge preferred the cockerel, it wasn't even the cockerel that took reserve variety at fowl fest lol. I thought the black hen always was the better bird but the stacked coops never do a bird justice in my eyes. Always seems Ameraucana get placed in the bottom cages and the lighting isn't that great. I can see where that should be a big decider where we have our National Meets. I for one am not a fan of double stacked rows and between that and narrow isles might be the deciding factor of me not returning to Lebanon in the future.
S.E. Michigan

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 10:50:57 AM »
Congratulations, all!

I love Lebanon, wish it wasn't such a haul for me. But I agree on the double stacked cages.
Beth Curran

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 09:55:37 PM »
Sounds like a great show.  Congratulations to the winners.

Sue

Jensen Pierson

• Associate
    • www.kaljenfarm.com
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2017, 10:50:16 AM »
Thanks for the report!   Russ, any idea why the B/W cock didn't place as well as at Fowlfest?   Break a wing feather or something?

Jensen, congrats for another big win!    Will there be a three-peat at the Ohio National?

Thank you everyone! And Mike I have no idea. The Ohio National always seems to be so political. Either way there is always good birds there. Granted I have to say I have never had a cockerel that likes to show off the way my black cockerel does. I swear he is happier at shows then he is at home. When he gets back though there is a pen full of 8 ladies waiting for him.  ;) ;D

So far he doesn't look any worse then he did at Indiana. I am just over the moon right now. I have NEVER had a bird do the same thing twice. Just slightly mind boggling.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:45:35 AM by John W Blehm »