Author Topic: West Coast National?  (Read 1087 times)

Beth Curran

• Lifetime Member
  • College
West Coast National?
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:28:19 PM »
Debbie Hogan has suggested a national at Modesto for 2020. I understand this is a nice show and they consistently get a good turnout for Ameraucanas, and several members have requested a national on the west coast. The only problem I see is that the show is in early February, putting it out of sync with the fall shows where we normally place nationals. A possible way around this would be to place the 2019 much earlier, say perhaps Coulee, and do two nationals for 2020, one in the west in February and one in the east in the fall to get back on schedule? Any thoughts, suggestions, alternatives? There are some west coast shows in the fall but I don't know of any offhand that compare with Modesto.

We would have to make a change to the constitution, next year, to make a winter or spring show possible, since it currently reads:

“Bids must be received by November first to be considered for the club’s National Meet to be held the following fall.” 

It would also require additional manpower and maybe some fundraising to pull off two large scale events in one year but it would open the door for members to participate in a national meet that otherwise wouldn't get the chance to.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:33:38 PM by Beth Curran »
Beth Curran

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
Re: West Coast National?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »
I know the Wyandotte Breeders of America Club has a west national and an east national. Sounds like a good idea to me. It would allow more members to participate. It would also attract more potential members.

Cesar Villegas

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 01:29:19 PM »
I second the motion to amend the constitution to include a fall and spring show if applicable that year.

I agree with Max it would allow more people to participate.

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 05:49:19 PM »
As someone on the East Coast, I like the bi-meet idea as well.