Author Topic: Ohio National  (Read 1022 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Ohio National
« on: November 12, 2017, 03:26:18 PM »

Just watched a video of the Ohio National awards presentation from this morning on Facebook.   Congratulations to Jerry DeSmidt for taking the top AOCCL with a White Ameraucana.   Jerry won't see this message, but many of you know Jerry; he's from a town near Green Bay, Wisconsin.    Further evidence that the Ameraucana is now recognized as one of the top breeds in America.
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Ohio National
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:12:36 AM »
I drove down there for the day on Saturday, to deliver some birds and pick up a dozen keipper coops. First time I ever attended that show and man is it a big one. I got to see Jerry and talked for awhile, he also had an impressive white bantam pullet. Unfortunately it seems they still don't know how to spell Ameraucana as I noticed it spelled two different ways and neither were correct on the coop cards. I also got to visit with Neil and Donna Townsend, Jensen, Jeff and Sherry Vance not to mention a soon to be member that had highest bid on the black bantams at our silent auction this past October.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:22:30 AM by Russ Blair »
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 05:30:16 PM »
But aren't those Keipper's horrible on tails?  It's been my reason for staying away.

http://keippercooping.com/poultry/

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 07:51:52 PM »
I will tell you shortly, I am using them to condition a large fowl blue and some bantams for the Dayton fancy feather show coming up. I am using a two hole and it has plenty of room for a bantam cock. Haven't seen any damage so far
S.E. Michigan

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 08:27:10 PM »
Great news.  Definitely keep us in the loop. 

No 2. Poultry Coop
 Two Compartments
21″L x 21″W x 27″ High. Full length of section is 45 inches. An elegant coop for the show room, being large enough to coop two or three birds if necessary, and at the same time will not take up unecessary room if birds are penned single. Also makes a neat coop for home use. Can be used for rabbits. Equipped with our patent cupholders and swinging doors, 12 x 18. Made with swinging partitions so coop can be converted into a pen in a moment.
     Keipper Cooping Poultry Coop