Author Topic: Sedalia Meetup  (Read 1227 times)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Sedalia Meetup
« on: March 20, 2018, 08:59:28 PM »
Sherry Klaus & Lisa Helms are requesting a Sedalia MO meet.  There is none scheduled on our site.  How many members do we need?  two i thought.  I told them to contact Mike on FB for approval.
http://ameraucanaalliance.org/Meets.html
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 09:37:55 PM by Suki Paolini »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Sedalia Meetup
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:50:33 PM »
All members requesting meets are encouraged to review the meet policy which available to read on the Meets Page by clicking on the red words "Meet Policy."   It reads in part:

"Members need to know well in advance when and where meets are placed for planning purposes.   Meets should only be placed when it can be reasonably expected that three or more exhibitors will show Ameraucanas.   The requesting member may furnish the names of at least the minimum number of expected exhibitors to the Director in charge of meets at the time he or she requests the meet in order to facilitate the Director's decision making process." 

So yes, I do want three names, and they don't necessarily have to be Alliance members.   And the request needs to be made in time to publish in at least one quarterly newsletter which is distributed prior to the deadline for entries.  Plan in advance!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 09:55:46 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 09:54:49 PM »
I sent them the meet policy and they say they asked you.  I said I found that odd as you did not get back to them. So here are three names are Tiffany Yoder, Sherry Klaus and Lisa Helms.  Sherry says they are all members. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 09:57:34 PM by Suki Paolini »

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 09:57:37 PM »
I also need the show name, date(s) of show, entry deadline date, and contact info for the show secretary.   Sherry?
Mike Gilbert

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 09:10:15 AM »
I sent them the meet policy and they say they asked you.  I said I found that odd as you did not get back to them. So here are three names are Tiffany Yoder, Sherry Klaus and Lisa Helms.  Sherry says they are all members. 

I did a search of my email and found nothing from Sherry before this morning.   Since the show is April 21st, there is no time to have the meet published in a newsletter.   So I'm sorry to say I can't approve the request.   Sorry!   

Update:  Did a Facebook p.m. search and saw where I talked to Sherry a little earlier.  But could find no specific request with a show name, date, contact info, etc.   

Requests need to be done by email, so they can be tracked.   Use Chantecler7@gmail.com .
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:57:41 AM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 12:38:00 PM »
That's what I thought Mike.  I have posted the information on the FB Site as well.  Sherry did mention that received your message as well.  The problem it seems that in the DelMarva and Sedalia cases, the AA members are also ABC members and requested it there, and like myself, Sherry thought that Lisa had also requested it here, but she did not, so there was a lot of unnecessary confusion.

I posted the rules in the AA FB Group too, as it seems a lot of people do not come here for information unfortunately.  Hopefully Simple Machines will have an update in the new release to push information out to FB as well.  I did not see that listed in their Betas but I could have missed it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:51:15 PM by Suki Paolini »

Lisa Helms

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 12:08:26 AM »
I am just now seeing this post.   

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 09:23:52 AM »
I am just now seeing this post.

Outside of email, which is best, this is the place to communicate with me about meets and such, as I don't go to the various Ameraucana Facebook groups, of which there seem to be quite a few, very often.   Some not at all. 
Mike Gilbert