Author Topic: Meetup Policy - a need for review  (Read 841 times)

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Meetup Policy - a need for review
« on: March 24, 2018, 12:26:41 PM »
I believe based on what happened to me at DelmarVA this weekend and Sherry Klaus at Sedalia, that the meetup policy needs to be reviewed.  First the 3 required members is onerous -- ABC - AA members are not telling us that they will be there until it is too late, so how could we ever fill that?  Second the timeline of posting in the newsletter means I have to know almost 3 months in advance I will go to the show.  I would never know that......period.  Thus I think that Mike should review the policy with those issues in mind.

Thanks Sue Paolini

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Meetup Policy - a need for review
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »
Sue, I don't set the policy, I just utilize it.  I am just one voice on the Board of Directors.   Further, there is no requirement that there be three Alliance members expected to show in order to have a meet placed.  Just three Ameraucana exhibitors who are expected to show.  If there is no competition, what does a BV or a BB really mean?  As far as the time required before requesting a meet, there is a good reason for that.  It gives others the opportunity to plan ahead to attend.  There are often motel reservations to be made, securing someone to do chores while gone (in my case at least), and conditioning the birds.   I don't believe three months is onerous in the least - all we have to do is plan ahead.  Meets should be something special in my opinion, not just an afterthought. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:06:30 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
Re: Meetup Policy - a need for review
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 04:04:44 PM »
Sue, I don't set the policy, I just utilize it.  I am just one voice on the Board of Directors.  ...  Meets should be something special in my opinion, not just an afterthought. 

Thanks for the explanation.