Author Topic: Birds for sale at National Meet  (Read 2031 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Birds for sale at National Meet
« on: May 17, 2018, 01:40:21 PM »
I sorted a group of the older 2018 hatched bantams this morning, and it looks like I will have plenty to share at our National Meet at the end of September.   Bantam Ameraucanas in White, Wheaten, Blue Wheaten and a few Splash Wheaten.     No Brown Reds to spare this year, except possibly a cockerel or two or three.   Some of these birds will no doubt be entered in the show, and those not quite finished out, too young to show, or with broken feathers will be brought along if they are pre-ordered.   $25 per bird.   

Edited to add:   I vaccinate for Mareks, Laryngo, Newcastle/Bronchitis, and Coryza.   No culls will be sold, and I cull pretty hard as I have a ready market for them as butcher birds. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 06:30:25 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: Birds for sale at National Meet
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 09:38:24 PM »
Mike I would tak two pair of whites and a brown red bantam cockerel if you have an extra.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 10:40:15 AM »
Mike I would tak two pair of whites and a brown red bantam cockerel if you have an extra.

I wish you were coming to Galesville, as I could have sent some home with you then.  But I'll bring some to the national for you to pick from.  Unless you would like me to send some home for you with John?   I probably should have asked John before saying that. 
Mike Gilbert

Max Strawn

• Lifetime Member
  • Associate
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 12:25:58 PM »
Duplicate Russ's order for me. TAHC tested my birds last week and I am now ILT free! ;D ;D

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 01:32:49 PM »
 Sounds good Max.   Glad to hear you are coming!
Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 07:10:54 PM »
Mike I would prefer to pick them up at our National Meet if that’s ok. Hopefully that gives me time to finish up the many projects I have under way, more importantly give me time to build some new pens as well. Max I am glad to hear the good news and also looking forward to seeing you guys at our National Meet. I wish I could say I was going to give your LF Blues a run for there money. Unfortunately it will take a miracle to have some finished by then, Fowl Fest and Ohio Nationals are a better show for me, since I had such a late start hatching.
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 09:12:05 PM »

Sure, no problem Russ. 
Mike Gilbert

Suki

• Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 02:47:56 AM »
While it is two months away, it's not looking good for me for the National.

Patricia Schneider

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2018, 04:37:42 PM »
Hi. My daughter and I are going to come to the meet. We’re hoping to secure white (first choice) and Wheaten bantam pullets. Let me know if we can count on buying a few!

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 08:33:03 PM »
I have several birds that I will show that are spoken for and those that have asked for them will have a chance to decide if they really want them after seeing them.
I should also have a trio of LF lavender silvers in the show that are for sale.  Let me know if you are interested or it will be first come at the show.
I think that is all I'll have to offer, but check with me there to make sure. 

Patricia Schneider

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 08:56:13 PM »
We are going to try to stick with bantams for now, John. I would be a backup for any bantams if your buyers fall through. Thanks!