Author Topic: CRPC Alliance Meet Report  (Read 1138 times)

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
CRPC Alliance Meet Report
« on: June 03, 2018, 11:55:49 AM »
Well, we had beautiful, typical cool Wisconsin spring weather for our show.  The thunderstorms predicted did not develop, just had a  light sprinkle during cleanup after the show.   The Thompson family of Wisconsin had best Ameraucana on a beautiful LF White hen or pullet.  Kristin promised to send me a photo, so I'll put that up when I receive it.   This bird should have easily been on champion row in my opinion.  Reserve LF Ameraucana was a nice black cock by Jim Fegan.   John and Kathy left our place this morning about 10 a.m. for their ten hour drive home, and John has the complete judging results.   John did take some photos of the winners I believe, so hopefully he will post some here.   In the bantams, it was a White cock taking BB and a White pullet RB.  They both are the result of crossing Walchak with Buske line birds.  Here is the only photo I managed to take, and even that one was back home this morning, the winning bantam.   Can anyone spot the reason he had no chance of advancing farther?   Click on it to enlarge the photo.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:01:50 PM by Mike Gilbert »
Mike Gilbert
1st John 5:11-13

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
Re: CRPC Alliance Meet Report
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 10:33:31 PM »
Best of Breed bantam Ameraucana was a white cock shown by Michael Gilbert.
Reserve of Breed bantam Ameraucana was a white pullet shown by Michael Gilbert.
Best of Breed large fowl Ameraucana was a white hen shown by Nathan Thompson.  It was also BB in junior competition.
Reserve of Breed large fowl Ameraucana was a black cock shown by James Fegan.

Best of Breed bantam Ameraucana in junior competition was a black hen shown by Ciera Rasmussen.
Best of Breed bantam Ameraucana in junior competition was a blue hen shown by Natalie Sonsalla.
Reserve of Breed large fowl Ameraucana in junior competition was a silver cock shown by Jacob Sonsalla.

A detailed meet report of Alliance wins will be in our Ameraucana Fall Newsletter.

The weather couldn't have been better and the people were great!

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 08:35:19 AM »
Glad to hear the weather cooperated for you all. Looks like that Cockerel one sickle is not all the way in? Still a very nice looking Ameraucana, congratulations to all the big winners
S.E. Michigan

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 08:56:29 AM »
Russ wins the $100 prize I was giving away for the correct answer.  The white cock had lost one sickle feather so only had one.  Good eye Russ!
Mike Gilbert

John W Blehm

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 10:24:50 AM »
Thanks to Bob Rennolet for donating $20 to the Alliance!  ;D  He continued his tradition of bringing chicks to the show and donating the proceeds from them.  The local Coulee show club and Chantecler Fanciers International also received $20 donations each from Bob.

Mike Gilbert

• Lifetime Member
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 01:07:20 PM »
The "muffs and beards" are a little sparse on those three.   I don't think any of them would win a prize. :o   Well, maybe the one in the middle. 

Mike Gilbert

Russ Blair

• Administrator
  • Ameraucana Guru
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 07:56:54 AM »
I agree Mike, looks like the hens have picked them almost clean lol
S.E. Michigan